Hello & Welcome!
My name is Althea Wilkins. For more than 20 years I have been offering interactive, empowering sessions and classes to individuals, groups and organizations.
My tools include:
- 7 Dimensions of Health and Wellness
- Massage Therapy and Myofascial Release
- Clinical and Medical Bodywork
- Personal Training and Exercise Science
- Therapeutic, Alignment-based Yoga
- Quantum Anatomy and Physiology
- Systems Thinking and Permaculture Principles
Humans are Adaptogenic by Nature
The term "adaptogenic" is a relatively new addition to the scientific lexicon. It comes from phytopharmacology, or plant medicine, and was first used in the 1950s to refer to something
- That is non-toxic
- Increases an organism's resistance to a wide array of stressors and their damaging effects, and
- Promotes restoration of healthy function and integration between the systems of the body.
~From womb to grave, we continually receive whatever the environment presents us and generate the most appropriate, adaptive responses available under the circumstances. The vast majority of these responses are carried out on a subconscious level. And, this innate physiology is incredibly optimistic. You don't even have to think about it. You are a positive adaptive response generator.
~Biology refers to this phenomenon, rather unfortunately, as homeostasis - from the Greek for "similar to standing still." Far from a static state of sameness though, homeostasis is an elegant dance of shifting relationships across surprisingly broad spectrums of dynamic equilibrium. Perhaps a more accurate term would be adaptogenesis.
~I believe this propensity exists in not only the plant world and on the physical level of experience; it also extends into mind and spirit realms. Massage, movement, meditation, diet, lifestyle and social interactions are just some of the ways we can purposefully enhance our naturally adaptogenic tendencies.
Come learn and play to increase efficiency, pleasure and ease by developing a friendlier relationship with your body.
Search Our Website
Menu of Possibilities
Massage & Bodywork
- Inquire about subscriptions and packages
- Massage Therapy in my studio ~ $80/hr
- $120 for an hour and a half
- Structural/Functional Assessment $150 includes bodywork session and homework (2 hours)
- Couples Massage in my studio ~ $150/hr
- Massage at your place ~ $100/hr
- On-site chair massage ~ $60/hr
Exercise & Movement
- 30 minute session 'Test Drive' ~ $25
- Initial session including assessment and goals with individualized plan (1.5 - 2 hours) ~ $100
- 60 minute private session ~ $50
- 60 min. small group* ~ $75
- 90 min. private session ~ $75
- 90 min. small group* ~ $100
- Exercise & Movement sessions can include your choice of strength, agility, flexibility, balance & cardiorespiratory conditioning as well as yoga, meditation, mantra, dance and martial practices.
*small group = you plus 1-4 friends. What a great way to motivate one another as well as save money ;)
Integrative Anatomy & Physiology Instruction
- for schools of yoga, massage, other integrative health service providers and any individual or group curious to learn more about these amazing bodies we live in. ~$30-$40/hr.
Map & Directions
Need a map and/or directions to my studio? Check out our interactive map to ensure you arrive safe and on time for your appointment.